WHAT IS LOGWOOD?
Logwood is a spiny, tropical American tree, largely found in the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. The extract is a purplish-red dye derived from processing the darkest heartwood. Logwood extract is used to make hematine (primarily used for dying sutures) and hematoxilyn (primarly used in histology).
BENEFITS OF LOGWOOD EXTRACT
Logwood extract is a natural tinctorial wood extract with these characteristics:
- Properties – Natural, antiallergenic, antistatic, ecological, organic, vegetal, biodegradable and safe
- Advantages – High quality, more resistance to wash, highly resistant to light and transpiration
- Products you can dye with logwood extract include – fine leather, cotton, hard fibers, silk, suede, wood, wool
- Depending on the mordant used the following colors can be achieved: black, grey, navy blue, purple, violet, lavender
- Color Index: 75290 Natural Black No.1
- CAS: 8005 33 2
- EINECS: 232 337 6
Allow Abbey Color to color your world.